This website also contains information of financial products for Australian Wholesale Investors only. You should not rely on the views and information on the site when making investment decisions.
Please read the following terms and conditions that apply to this website https://vellum.com.au (“Site”).
We”, “us” or “Vellum” is a reference to Vellum Australia Pty Ltd, ABN 65 605 190 369, AFSL 482051. A references to “you”, “your”, “I”, “their” or “investor” is a reference to people who visit this Site.
The documents on this Site, which include the Information Memorandum and Additional Information Document where applicable, collectively referred to as “Documents”, are only intended for use by Australian residents. Subject to the laws of Australia and the laws of the country in which you are located, if you are a non-resident of Australia, please contact us on 1300 838 338 if you require information from us.
Nature of Information on this Site
Vellum believes the information on the Site and their sources to be reliable, the Information’s accuracy and currency cannot be assured. The Information (including opinions and estimates) is subject to change from time to time. Your use of this Site is at your own risk.
You agree that you will not rely on the Information, and you acknowledge that, to the extent permitted by law including any guarantees or warranties implied by any consumer protection law, we DO NOT:
•warrant or guarantee the timeliness, currency, accuracy, completeness, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of the Information;
• take responsibility for any error, omission or defect contained in the Information; and
• are obliged to update the Information or correct any inaccuracy which may become known to us.
General information only
The information on this Site is of a general nature only. It has been prepared without taking account of any investor’s objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on anything on this Site, you should consider its appropriateness having regard to your objectives, financial situation or needs and also consider seeking professional financial, taxation or legal advice (Professional Adviser) before making any decision. You should also obtain a copy of the current Information Memorandum and Additional Information Document where applicable for any managed investment scheme (“Scheme”) referred to on this Site, available from this Site or for some Schemes and consider the documents all above where applicable before taking any action.
Neither Vellum nor any member of the Vellum Group, including Perpetual Collection Pty Ltd and its affiliates guarantees in any way the performance of any Strategy or Scheme, repayment of capital from any Strategy or Scheme, any particular return from or any increase in the value of a Strategy or Scheme.
Any past performance on this Site is not a guarantee (by Vellum, its affiliates, directors, officers and/or employees) of nor an indication of the future performance of any Strategy or Scheme.
We, our related bodies corporate and our officers, employees and agents are indemnified against all actions, claims and demands (including the cost of defending or settling any action, claim or demand) which may be instituted against us arising out of a failure by you to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
Access by you to the Site
You must ensure that your access to this Site is not illegal or prohibited by laws which apply to you. You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ for accessing this Site does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference, which may damage your own computer system. To avoid any doubt, we do not accept responsibility for any interference or damage to your own computer system which arises in connection with your use of this Site or any linked site.
Copyright, trademarks and intellectual property rights
Unless expressly stated, Vellum is the owner of the copyright and any intellectual property rights in any material, design, technology or concept contained on this Site. All rights are reserved. You may use the information for your own personal reference only. You may reproduce the information in hard copy solely for your personal use. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) or other applicable laws, this Site or any portion of this Site may not otherwise be reproduced, adapted, distributed, displayed, or transmitted to any other person or incorporated in any way into another document or other material, without the express consent of Vellum.
This Site may contain links to other websites (“linked sites”). Vellum does not control or endorse and is not responsible for the contents of these third party linked sites, and provides hyperlinks or redirects you to third party websites for your convenience only. Any information, opinions, representations or offers made in those linked sites or redirected third party websites are solely the responsibility of the third parties operating those websites and not of Vellum. Vellum makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy or reliability of the information on those websites.
Personal Information and Collection
Vellum will collect information only where necessary for the primary purpose of:
– providing you with our services and products or with information you have requested
– notifying you about other Vellum services or promotions from time to time
– identification purposes as required for anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing purposes or other Australian or extraterritorial taxation, legal or regulatory obligations
– meeting our obligations under laws and regulations
– managing our relationship with you.
We endeavor to collect personal information in a lawful and non-obtrusive way.
The types of personal information that Vellum collects and maintains generally comprises:
– your name
– contact details such as telephone numbers, address and e-mail address
– birth date
– tax file number
– bank account details
– other information that may be required for identification, product design and distribution or taxation purposes.
Unless require by law, we DO NOT collect your sensitive, such as information about your religion, race, political views, criminal convictions, health information or membership of professional or trade associations or unions.
How we collect Personal Information
We will normally collect your personal information directly from you, unless you have appointed a person, agent or broker to act on your behalf.
The ways we may collect your personal information include:
– direct from you when you complete an application form in relation to our service(s) (either hard copy or on-line application forms)
– when you contact us via email or telephone
– when you participate in surveys or competitions or promotions or add your name to any mailing lists.
– From third parties when you have provided authority for us to do this, e.g. from attorneys, financial advisers, platform providers, brokers, lawyers, identification verification service providers.
– From public or commercially available sources for the purposes of complying with customer due diligence obligations, product design and distribution obligations or to ensure contact details are up to date and accurate.
Vellum may record and monitor telephone calls for security, training and compliance purposes.
Use and Disclosure of the Personal Information
Vellum will typically use personal information for the following purposes:
– to comply with applicable laws and regulations, including anti-money laundering, product design and distribution, taxation and associated laws
– to process and verify your application for our products and/or service(s)
– to inform you of other products or services or offers that may be of interest to you and to improve and customise our products and services
– to manage your investment with us
– to conduct product and market research, including product suitability assessments.
We will only use and disclose personal information about you for the purpose for which it is collected, unless consent has been obtained to use the information for additional purposes. Exceptions to this include where disclosure is:
– required by law(s) and/or regulation(s)
– reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency
– reasonably required by a third party service provider to meet their legal or regulatory obligations
– required by external companies for the purposes of issuing statements and handling mail.
Vellum may disclose your personal information to:
– your attorney, financial adviser, platform provider, broker or any other person you have authorized
– professional services firms that have a legitimate need to access this information, such as lawyers, auditors
– electronic identification verification providers.
Storage, Access and Change of Your Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
From time to time, Vellum or its third-party providers may store your information in hard copy(ies),in cloud or other types of networked systems. Information stored in cloud or network-based systems can be accessed from and transferred between, various countries over the internet, and as such, it is not always practicable to know in which country your information may be held. By providing your personal information to us, you acknowledge that countries in which your information may be held will have privacy and data protection laws that may differ from those of Australia and overseas organisations may be required to disclose information that Vellum has shared with them, under foreign laws.
You can access and request the change of most of the personal information we hold and request changes subject to some exceptions. Such exceptions include:
– you may be unable to obtain access to your personal information which would reveal personal information about another person, or
– we may be prevented by law from disclosing such information.
Security of Information
Termination of Access
Access to this Site may be terminated in whole or in part at any time by us without prior notice to you. Where applicable these Terms and Conditions nevertheless survive any such termination.
If any of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, the remaining Terms and Conditions shall nevertheless continue in full force. If we waive any rights available to us under these Terms and Conditions on one occasion, this does not means that those rights will automatically be waived on any other occasion.
Our Cookie Usage
The cookie will expire 30 days after the end of your session or sooner if there is a change to these Site Terms and Conditions. Your browser can be set to disable cookies, but this may restrict your use of this Site. If you want to find out more information about cookies, go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org or to find out about disabling them from your browser, go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html.
Here are some links to instructions for the most common browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
For other browsers, try searching for “managing cookies in (browser name)”.
The cookie is used to:
Help you save time while on or accessing this Site. As a result, these Site Terms and Conditions will not reappear if you access this Site in future from your computer.
Help identify when you are accessing a part of this Site which is not intended for you.
Please contact us if you:
– wish to access or correct your personal information that we hold; or
– you would like to make a complaint about the way in which we have handled your personal information.